Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Year, New Me.


2013 is coming up really fast and just happens to be coinciding with me being able to get back to exercising again after having M.  In my last post I was mulling pregnancy weight gain and all that comes with it.  Well, I did pretty good.  I gained 12 pounds.  M was a little over 6#.  It's been 7 weeks and I have lost 35 pounds.  I am lighter than I have been in about 6 years.  I am ALMOST lighter than I was in 2006 - when I was working out 5-6 days a week and wondering why my weight was STOPPED!

Now I know so much more than I did back then.  Back then I just kept cutting calories and cutting calories.  I even went to the doctor and he told me to cut my diet back EVEN MORE to accelerate my weight loss.  Now I know that is NOT GOOD INFO!  I lose the most weight when I eat about 2000 calories a day while exercising.  If I plateau sometimes I even have to bump that to 2200 or 2400 calories.  Since I am breastfeeding that number will vary, sometimes day to day.  

Go to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm  and check out their calculators to help determine your caloric needs.

Then download the MyFitnessPal app on your phone or go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com  to create your food diary.  Add me as a friend :  metrychick and you can see my food diary, activity level and keep me on my toes!

I'm excited and doing a LOT of research on how to be successful!

Much Love,
C



No comments:

Post a Comment