Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I WILL be the Biggest LOSER!

I am entering a new phase in my life right now and one thing that has eluded me for YEARS has been my weight.  I have lost and gained the same 30+ or - pounds for the last 15 years.  I am SOOO over being fat.  It is in my genetics, but it is also in my list of excuses!  I need to push away from the table.  I have read the books.  I have the knowledge.  Now I have found the drive and yeah, I've said it before that I was serious.  I was serious 3 months ago.  SO WHAT?!?!

I love FlyLady and in her book, Sink Reflections she talks about getting acknowledgement from your spouse and she says that they've seen you commit a thousand times, read 100 books and now that you are starting to do something they don't want to jinx it.  Just give them the benefit of the doubt.  I find myself here now.  I want to tell the world but I have that self doubt in the back of my head.  I've committed a thousand times.  I've planned it 100 times.  Now I am making changes.  I don't want to jinx it.

This time I am putting $100 where my big fat mouth is!  I am entering a Biggest Loser type of competition with a bunch of family friends.  The pot I will win is about up to $800 right now.  That's nothing to sneeze at!  I am planning a serious vacay for the Sarge and I with those duckets!

1 comment: